Ops enter day 2 in Jammu, 3 terrorists and 2 army men killed

SUNJUWAN, JAMMU: Pakistan based Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorist outfit attacked one of the most sensitive army camp in Jammu city, known as Sunjwan Military Station, on Saturday early morning.

The day long operation was still on, till last reports came in. Army's Special Forces (para-commandos) had by then neutralized three terrorists in the gun battle.

Two army personnel attained martyrdom in this attack, while nine others including five civilians suffered bullet injuries, while two of the civilians were stated to be critical. Army in its exclusive operation have neutralized three terrorists, who were wearing army combat dresses and were carrying AK-56 assault riffle, large amount of ammunition and hand grenades. Over 150 houses were cleared and occupants were moved to safer places.

This is how it all started....
At 4:50 am on Saturday, first contact of terrorists with the sentry on duty on the back side of the Sunjwan Military Station was made.
At 4:55 am, Military station was alerted about presence of terrorists inside the camp.

At 5:00 am, the Sentry on duty, at back side post and terrorists exchanged fire.
At around 5:15 am, the first attack on Junior Commissioned Officer of Jammu & Kashmir, Madan Lal Choudhary, was reported. While the officer attained martyrdom, his daughter and one other girl suffered injuries.
5:30 am: A Major rank officer, who was heading the Mahar Regiment's unit, came to counter terrorists.
5:40 am: Following counter attack, terrorist moved towards family quarters and hid there.
5:45 am: Special Operation Group of state police reached the spot.
6:00 am: High alert sounded in Jammu City.
At 6:15 am: All senior police officers including IGP Jammu Zone, SD Singh Jamwal reached outside Sunjwan Station.
At 7:00 am: Terrorists and army exchanged fire.
At 7:30 am: Army prepared strategy and first evacuated all the families inside the JCO quarters.
At 8:00 am: The particular residential block was cordoned.
At 8:30 am: Police also cordoned all the outer points of Sunjuwan Camp.
At 11:00 am: Two teams of Special Forces (para-commandos) landed Sunjuwan camp.
At 12:30 noon: Third team of para-commandoes from Himachal Pradesh reached Sunjuwan
At 01:00 pm: PRO Defence, Col Devender Anand briefed media about attack, confirmed one casualty on army side
At 3:30 pm: First terrorist killed, Jaish flag recovered from body.
At 4:30 pm: Heavy firing at the spot from both sides.
At 5:30 pm: Army fired Under Barrel Grenade Launchers (UBGLs) towards terrorists.
At 6:30 pm: PRO Defence briefed about the killing of two terrorists.
At 6:45 pm: Chief of Army Staff, General Bipin Rawat reached Jammu to have first hand information about operation.

At 9:00 pm: Abhimanyu Tanks (Battle tanks) pushed inside.
At 9:10 pm: Third terrorist killed: Police confirmed

Next Story
Share it
To Top