- With a workforce of more than 450 million people, close to 10 million new workers enter the labour market annually.
- Constituency -- Surat, Gujarat Back in Business By Shantanu Nandan Sharma Jobs shrank in Surat after demonetisation and GST, but it is hardly an election issue in the city of traders and entrepreneurs Rutvik Vaghasiya is a second-generation textile entrepreneur in Surat.
- Vaghasiya says job loss won't matter much: "The majority of people will continue to vote for peace and stability.
- As an interior designer, I can be on my own" Saumya Khandelwal, 19 Student, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat A prominent BJP leader from the city, CR Patil, for instance, is a Maharashtrian.
- M Vijayabaskar, professor at the Madras Institute of Development Studies, says this region, considered part of Greater Chennai, forms one of the most important hubs in Tamil Nadu in terms of job creation, along with Coimbatore.
Will jobs actually be top of mind when India casts its vote this summer?
30 March 2019 12:00 PM GMT