Will Facebook enforce it's updated “remove, reduce, and inform” policy to curb fake news and manage problematic content? | Packt Hub
12 April 2019 4:51 AM GMT
Facebook announced updates to it?s ?remove, reduce, and inform? strategy to better control problematic content and fake news across Facebook products.
- Facebook announced updates to it's "remove, reduce, and inform" strategy to better control "problematic" content and fake news across Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger.
- Similarly, for Instagram, the company is reducing the spread of posts that are inappropriate but do not go against Instagram's Community Guidelines.
- If a Facebook group is found to repeatedly share misinformation that has been rated false by independent fact-checkers, Facebook will reduce that group's overall News Feed distribution .
- A new "Click-Gap" signal into News Feed ranking will be incorporated to see less low-quality content in their News Feed.
- Laura Loomer's inciting content on Instagram even after being flagged saying it does not violate their standards.