- However, despite the gloomy state of affair, the Indian analytics startup is currently estimated to be $2.71 billion annually in revenues and it just in 2018, 16,000 freshers were added to analytics workforce in India.
- In a blog post titled, Why I Majored in Statistics for a Career in Artificial Intelligence, its author, Roman Ring admitted that there is indeed a dearth of undergraduates programme exclusively for AI and tells his readers how he fared in the industry despite obtaining a Master’s degree in Statistics.
- Many ML techniques and algorithms are either fully borrowed from or heavily rely on the theory from statistics,” Ring adds.
- However, Ring admits that both subjects have their own applications when it comes to AI and Ml, for instance, continuity and differentiability in maths are widely used in AI/ML algorithms.
- Among the number of courses that it offers, major courses include a three-year programme for Bachelor’s and Master’s in Statistics, Maths, M.tech in Computer Science and Cryptology and Security.
Why Statistics Is Important For Mastering AI/ML Skills
3 March 2019 11:55 PM GMT
One of the biggest challenges that corporates, particularly recruiters face is finding the right talent and�skill sets for artificial intelligence and machine learning-related jobs in India. With scores of engineering and other STEM institutes mushrooming across the country, the quality of education has taken a toll with these colleges churning out graduates who are not?