WATCH: Why this IIT alumnus chose to bet on India’s sleep deficit with Cuddl
1 May 2019 11:12 PM GMT
A long, deep sleep can cure almost anything, but it remains elusive. Enter Cuddl, which offers pillows that promise to help India sleep better. In this video interview, Founder Shashank Palli reveals why pillows are so important.
- Sleep deprivation can put one at risk of weight gain, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and memory loss.
- A host of startups – in India and abroad - are working to make innovative sleep-related products that can promote better sleep.
- In Bengaluru, Shashank is hard at work testing sleep cycles of individuals who agreed to experiment with his pillow - which he claims helps one sleeps long and comfortable.
- People are investing in mattresses that enable good sleep, and pillows are part of that journey, too," Shashank says.
- As of now, he is getting his sleep numbers from people using sleep trackers and is working to better the design of his product.