- Where the society brought in an average of 200 tankers per month, it then reduced to 117 tankers per month.
- When people start paying for what they are using, they start looking at water wastage (seriously)," said Shukla.
- Similarly, a monthly tracking of one's high water consumption, which translates to a higher water bill, may have nudged the residents to reduce their water consumption.
- While the electricity supply was not under their control, the water supply was, and if somebody is not paying the maintenance bill, then they can switch off their water supply," said Shukla
- Not one to be content to aid in water conservation, Smarter Homes is also testing another product in Bangalore and Hyderabad along similar lines that ensures the minimal usage of Diesel Generator (DG) power, given its exorbitant price, and heavy consumption of resources.
- Thus the aim of this product being to ensure minimal usage of DG power to ensure minimal consumption of fuel and electricity.
This startup looks to cut water wastage and bills, one house at a time
28 March 2019 9:08 PM GMT