- This is a huge problem in India, which is heavily reliant on the agricultural industry as a source of livelihood and extremely inefficient when it comes to farming practices.
- Such inefficiency can be attributed to poor farming practices, slow adoption of technology, farmers having traditional mindsets, overuse of pesticides and insecticides, among other problems.
- This exists as a serious challenge to the Indian economy and the world by extension as similar problems exist in many agrarian economies.
- IOT and Artificial Intelligence Field level data like microclimatic data, crop data and soil data are extremely important for farmers.
- It gives information about the current state of their crops allowing farmers to make more educated decisions as to when they should fertigate, irrigate etc.
The Next Big Opportunity In Indian Agriculture
24 March 2019 1:48 AM GMT
It seems almost unbelievable that one-third of food production all over the world each year goes to waste. But if the current state of?