Term Sheet -- Wednesday, May 1
1 May 2019 8:24 AM GMT
On deals and dealmakers.
- Rajeev Misra, the CEO of the SoftBank Vision Fund, said there are plans to double the size of its investment arm from 400 employees to 800 employees over the next 18 to 24 months.
- Cheddar had raised approximately $54 million in funding from investors including Raine Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Ribbit Capital, Goldman Sachs, NYSE, and more.
- Goldman Sachs Investment Partners and Accel co-led the round, and were joined by investors including Wellington, Sequoia Capital, B Capital, LightStreet, Sands Capital and International Finance Corporation.
- Summit Partners led the round, and was joined by investors including Access Venture Partners and Noro-Moseley Partners.
- Nextech Invest led the round, and was joined by investors including BVF Partners, Casdin Capital, Mubadala Ventures, Trinitas Capital, Mirae Asset Capital, Altitude Life Science Ventures, Alexandria Venture Investments, ARCH Venture Partners, Versant Ventures, Cardinal Partners and Celgene Corp.
- Gallant Capital Partners made an investment in Quality Built, a San Diego-based provider of third-party quality assurance services in the residential and commercial construction industry.