[Startup Bharat] There is innovation here too, say startups that have found a new home in Bihar
24 April 2019 8:15 PM GMT
With the state government coming up with favourable policies and grants, Bihar is peppered with tech startups that are offering solutions to real problems.
- The policy is seen as a great boost for entrepreneurship in Bihar, and from catering services to digital marketing, several startups have now started mushrooming across the state.
- People travelling by train across India can order food via the RailRestro website, the app, or on call.
- Hence, Himani, along with Shashidhar Rajan, started Brand Radiator, a brand solutions company and a digital marketing platform.
- DeHaatDeHaat was founded by IIT Delhi alumnus Shashank Kumar and IIT Kharagpur alumnus Manish Kumar in 2012.DeHaat teamBased in Patna, helps small farmers connect with a network of micro-entrepreneurs – suppliers of various farm input and equipment – who procure various inputs such as seeds, fertilisers, and even equipment, as well as offer crop advisory and market linkages.
- The duo has covered over 40 locations including different locations in Bihar, and claims to have travelled extensively across the country to hone Bihar Bytes' offering.