- Four young engineering graduates decided to do something about it and launched Thiruvananthapuram-based startup Genrobotics, which is attempting to end sewer deaths and clean up manholes with Bandicoot, a spider-shaped robot.
- Interestingly, the startup began life as a college project at MES College of Engineering, Calicut."The idea of science and engineering is to help mankind.
- The team decided to create Genrobotics, a team of engineers who would build different products for the social sector.
- We designed and built a prototype of a robotic Iron Man suit, which would make the bulk weightless and easy to carry.
- The individual had to just wear the suit," says Vimal, adding that the machine would do the work.
[Startup Bharat] Inspired by Iron Man, these engineers have built a robot that can clean manholes
28 March 2019 10:10 PM GMT