- In 2015, buying excess honey from the Adivasi community in and around Palani Hills led them to start Kodaikanal-based Hoopoe on a Hill, a startup that processes, packages, and sells organic honey and related products online and offline.
- Available in a set of three, large, medium, and small, the beeswax wraps are priced at Rs 390 a pack and come in different prints and colours.
- With the Paliyan tribe of honey harvesters based out of Palani Hills, it made greater sense to set up operations in Kodaikanal.
- Since the region has two monsoon seasons, there are also two honey harvesting seasons.
- In the near future, Hoopoe on a Hill is looking to scale operations by employing more women, and adding more products.
[Startup Bharat] From the forests of Kodai, these two women entrepreneurs are bringing organic honey to your doorstep
28 Feb 2019 8:00 PM GMT
Kodaikanal-based startup Hoopoe on a Hill buys honey from Adivasi tribes and sells varieties online and offline. It is now looking to scale operations by hiring more women, expanding its product range.