Solidworks has an infallible growth plan: engaging with startups at a very early stage
28 Feb 2019 5:00 AM GMT
Global 3D design software company Solidworks has a strategy to scale systematically. It offers software, training, and resources to entrepreneurs to help them succeed, and wins customers for life.
- Solidworks, a global leader in 3D computer aided design (CAD) software, has been walking this path since the last two years and is now reaping rich dividends.
- Their strategy is simple: Solidworks provides its stack of software to these startups at an early stage for almost no cost for a period of 12-18 months.
- Suchit Jain, Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, 3DS.COM/Solidworks, says, “They (startups) do not have the time or money to invest in software as they are focused on building their products.
- PM Ravikumar, Senior Director, Solidworks India, says, “We engage with startups that are more into the hardware segment or those in the area of product manufacturing solutions.”According to Ravikumar, they have put in dedicated resources to look into incubators and accelerators.
- Once they are successfully out of the incubator, say for a period of 12-24 months, they are able to buy our software,” Ravikumar says.