- Greg Poulin and Hemant Verma left their jobs in April 2018 to start their own company.
- Their idea was to build a startup that helped companies pay down part of their employees' student loans.
- Improve workplace diversity: - Women hold two-thirds (66%) of all student loan debt - Black and Latinx Americans have 31% higher student loan debt - LGBTQ community holds significantly higher debt on average
- Greg and Hemant have known each other for well over a year, and met when they started working as early hires at Rippling YC W17 out of Parker Conrad's unfinished basement in the Mission.
- Domain expertise: Hemant and Greg gained deep domain expertise building and selling HR/benefits software at Rippling.
Read the application form that got a company with $0 in the bank into the selective startup accelerator that launched Airbnb and Dropbox
9 April 2019 12:33 PM GMT