- We are delighted to share with you our Q1 2019 HealthTech key trends update, powered by HealthTech Alpha, a Galen Growth Asia solution, the only analytics platform dedicated to monitoring the digital health ecosystem in Asia Pac.
- Total investment funding significantly exceeded 2017 and doubled 2016 demonstrating the value of key drivers such as growth stage investor appetite, corporate partnerships and an increasingly accommodating regulatory environment.
- Total investment in digital health in Asia Pac in Q1 2019 exceeded the US$1B mark, up US$70M YoY and setting yet another record.
- Total investment in digital health in Asia Pac in Q1 2019 closed at US$1B, with a sizeable increase YoY, across a total number of deals closed of 60, down 15% YoY, indicating an increasing ticket size per deal.
- Noteworthy Growth Stage deals this quarter include the $65M Series B investment in Indonesia's Integrated Solution Halodoc led by UOB Venture Management and a $8M Series A investment in India's Healofy led by China newly listed Online Marketplace Babytree.
- Halodoc raised US$65M in a series B funding , the largest HealthTech deal of South East Asia, led by new investor UOB Venture Management.
Q1 2019 Asia Pac HealthTech: The Momentum Continues Unabated
2 April 2019 8:43 PM GMT