- The American Dream is fast turning into a nightmare for nearly 80,000 plus families from India, where a spouse is currently holding an employment authorisation document (EAD).
- This programme, that enabled spouses of certain category of H-1B visa holders, to work, is expected to end in the coming months.
- Some spouses will even try to convert their dependant H-4 visa , into a H-1B work visa, even as this task has its own challenges.
- With a green card backlog running into several decades for Indians, an EAD opened the doors for employment (including self-employment).
- A 29-year-old, HR specialist, who moved to US in 2015 (post her marriage) and is currently working in large tech company headquartered in Menlo Park, California says: "I moved knowing that the EAD option was available.
Plans to return or migrate elsewhere emerge for over 80,000 Indian families in US - Times of India
28 March 2019 5:52 PM GMT