Pesto’s Mission Of Upskilling 5.2 Mn Engineers Gets $2 Mn Funding Boost From Matrix & Angel Investors
1 May 2019 9:41 PM GMT
Pesto, a career accelerator for providing world-class training to India?s engineering talent has secured $2 Mn from Matrix Partners & angels
- While on one side software engineers in San Francisco can make $150 per hour working remotely from anywhere in the world, on the other, the average salary for an Indian engineer is somewhere between $6,600 (entry level) and $11,400 (senior level) per annum irrespective of the type of employment i.e. full time or on outsourced projects.
- However, it has been proven that if the hardest working software engineers in India are provided with world-class, intensive training, they can be effective remote team members for the US companies, with a potential to earn much more than they currently do or even expect to earn.
- What if instead of keeping each employee on the payroll, we simply trained them and connected them to US companies on the basis of an income share agreement," said Ayush Jaiswal, founder, Pesto.
- This is the thought that led Jaiswal and his friend Andrew Linfoot to launch an edtech platform which could act as a career accelerator for providing world-class training to India's top engineering talent to help them gain access to better job opportunities with a much better pay scale which they usually get.
- Pesto helped upskill Indian software engineers who wanted better pay and opportunities.
- This included helping meet potential candidates meet the technical requirements of US tech companies, through training.