One for all and all for one: How farmer producer organisations are transforming India's agritech sector
19 March 2019 5:00 AM GMT
FPOs are now taking the lead in ensuring that farmers' livelihoods are not just sustainable but also flourishing
- There is a minimum increase in the farmers’ income, about 15 percent."Raitha Mitra also helps connect farmers with organisations that purchase chia seeds in bulk.
- Farmer members of KPFPCL, in cooperation with various village associations (VAs), have also managed to raise around Rs 1.65 crore.
- Samruddhi Mahila Rajasthan-based Samruddhi Mahila Crop Producer Company Ltd, owned by around 2,200 women farmers, is one of the few female farmer-owned FPOs that is successfully helping farmers earn a living and creating awareness among farmers on how best to start their own agricultural enterprise.
- Apart from raising around Rs 22 lakh via contributions to purchase processing machines and other farming-related materials, the FPO also acts as an accessible platform to spread awareness about trading, and more.
- RamRahimFounded in 2012, the RamRahim Producer Company Ltd is an entity created by farmers, for farmers.