Mobile Premier League Raises $35.5 Mn Funding From Sequoia, Times Internet And More
23 April 2019 8:00 PM GMT
Talking to Inc42, cofounder and CEO Sai Srinivas Kiran G said that the funds will help Mobile Premier League step up its growth plans.
- Mumbai-based mobile esports platform Mobile Premier League (MPL) has raised $35.5 Mn in a Series A funding round led by Sequoia India, Times Internet, and GoVentures.
- Real money gaming is one of the fastest growing categories in online gaming in India, diversions like rummy, poker, fantasy sports and random data testing and is picking up prevalence in India.
- Kiran emphasised that MPL being a horizontal platform, third-party app developers bring in their games and have MPL users compete for rewards.
- Another leading Indian gaming company Nazara Technologies has diversified its portfolio continuously.
- The post Mobile Premier League Raises $35.5 Mn Funding From Sequoia, Times Internet