- — companies like Uber and Grab are actively invading markets in Southeast Asia and fighting hard to gain a strong foothold in the region.
- Founded by Anthony Tan and Hooi Ling Tan, Grab was one of Southeast Asia’s only homegrown startup “unicorn” companies, with an estimated billion-dollar valuation.
- Uber’s Southeast Asian operations and became one of the prime ride-hailing services in the region.
- Last year in July, Grab unveiled its open platform strategy to build Southeast Asia’s First Everyday Super app.
- The untapped potential of Southeast Asia’s technology ecosystem has now been exposed to greater opportunities and this investment by SVF on Grab is sheer proof of it.
Looking East: Grab’s Journey From Being A Unicorn To Becoming The Leading Mobility Platform In Southeast Asia
7 March 2019 7:06 AM GMT