- It also bought various wireless infrastructure assets of Reliance Communications (RCom) to enhance its telecom business in the country.
- "This strategic investment underlines our commitment to further boost the digital ecosystem and provide Indian users conversational AI enabled devices with multi-lingual capabilities," said Akash Ambani, Reliance Jio's Director, in a press statement.
- Reliance Jio's smart feature phone, Jio Phone , already has Google Assistant support to enable voice commands.
- Saavn To enter the world of music streaming, Reliance Jio in March last year announced the integration of its digital music service, JioMusic , and OTT platform Saavn .
- "The investment and combination of our music assets with Saavn underlines our commitment to further boost the digital ecosystem and provide unlimited digital entertainment services to consumers over a strong uninterrupted network," Ambani had said while announcing the strategic transaction.
List of Companies Acquired by Reliance Jio Till Date
5 April 2019 5:10 AM GMT
Reliance Jio just last week announced the acquisition of AI conversational platform startup Haptik.