- BENGALURU | NEW DELHI: Lee Fixel , the secretive American investor, best known in India as the man who powered the rise of ecommerce giant Flipkart , is poised to return to his old hunting grounds in a new avatar, said several members of the country’s startup fraternity who are directly aware of his plans.
- On Thursday, Tiger Global , the New York-based investment firm where Fixel has worked for over 13 years, said the technology investor would leave the firm on June 30.
- In a letter to its limited partners, or sponsors of the fund, the firm said: “Lee expects to actively invest his own capital and may start an investment firm in the future.
- Fixel, who is estimated to be armed with a personal capital of $800 million to $1 billion, “began informing a select group of founders from Tiger Global’s Indian portfolio (of his impending exit from the firm) a week ago,” the sources said.
- If Fixel builds a new avatar, he will likely come back,” said Karthik Reddy, partner at Blume Ventures.
Lee Fixel to leave Tiger Global, set to hunt alone in India and beyond - ET Retail
15 March 2019 9:57 PM GMT
Lee Fixel was the most important investor in Flipkart, working through close aide Kalyan Krishnamurthy.