- At a recent event organised by the Japan External Trade Organisation (JETRO) in Bengaluru, 10 technology startups from Japan made their pitches before a group of venture capitalists and a curated audience.
- Interestingly, even as the startups sought funding, exploring market opportunities in India and tapping the country’s technical talent pool were high on the wishlist.
- Rutvik Doshi, MD of VC firm Inventus (India) Advisors, says, “Personally, I feel they (Japanese companies) have been active for the last one to two years, both from investment and startup perspectives.
- Talent game One of the key attractions for Japanese startups to tap the India market is the availability of a technical talent pool.
- There are multiple activities underway such as Japanese investments coming into India, Indian startups being exposed to Japanese market, and vice-versa.
Konnichiwa India: Japanese startups look to build stronger connect with the Indian ecosystem
25 March 2019 8:40 PM GMT