Is Reliance Planning A Super App For Its Ecommerce Play And Beyond?
30 April 2019 7:19 AM GMT
This is a part of the Reliance's plans to build a hybrid offline-to-online ecosystem.
- According to a Business Standard report, which cited unnamed sources, Reliance will launch a super app to let users of its ecommerce service order goods and services on its platform besides paying bills through in-app payment services.
- Under the super app model, Reliance will partner with third-party applications in different verticals.
- Global ecommerce giant Amazon is reportedly looking at a super app, which enables end-to-end fulfillment for customers ranging from ticketing services to food delivery.
- In July 2018, Mukesh Ambani announced that Reliance Retail and Jio Infocomm will jointly launch a new ecommerce platform, and the market expects major disruption in the next few months.
- Under this plan, the company is aiming to creating shared profitability by integrating offline stores of small retail players within its online platform.