- Previous rallies this month in Delhi, Mumbai and Hyderabad saw thousands of crypto and blockchain enthusiasts and professional stakeholders take to the streets.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) ordered financial institutions to stop dealing with cryptocurrency businesses last year, with a ban coming into effect on July 5 .
- The government and India's Supreme Court have since wrestled with whether that ban is proper, holding hearings and postponing crucial decisions as debate ensued.
- Now the Supreme Court is set for a final hearing on the matter.
- Arunn Gupta is the co-founder of Startup Cafe in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh - the first co-working space in India to accept cryptocurrency payments.
Indian Street Protests for Cryptocurrency
29 March 2019 8:49 AM GMT