How this startup relies on word-of-mouth marketing to build a tea brand - ET Retail
18 April 2019 4:55 AM GMT
When startups increasingly rely on social media marketing to get an edge, Tea Time is doggedly pursuing the path of letting its happy customers be its..
- He took note of how such big-budget brands are unable to serve many people in India, especially in small towns and cities, thanks to their exorbitant and unaffordable rates.
- This is what motivated Tangella to create a brand dedicated to sell quality tea, prepared with authentic ingredients, to the common people at a reasonable price.
- Tea Time , which has currently more than 200 outlets in India spanning across Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu, is that sweet corner tea shop in the city where all chai lovers meet.
- He explained that Tea Time is not precisely competing with such high-priced brands as he believes the latter will not reach out to the people living in small cities like Rajamundry, which is his motto in the first place.
- Another issue that cropped up during the initial days of his business was how some vendors tried to sell tea similar to Tea Time's using fake brand names.