- While everyone calls out to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for any and every current issue, Bengaluru-based online sleep solutions startup —Wakefit, founded by Ankit Garg and Chaitanya Ramalingegowda, took it upon themselves to offer him some much needed comfort.
- The startup conducts extensive research on the science of sleep and manufactures a range of products to enhance people’s sleep and posture related needs, such as mattresses, pillows, bed sheets, neck-pillows, comforters, back cushions, etc.
- The Changing Sleep Patterns Of Today Expecting people to change their lifestyles and adhere to the age-old saying ‘early to bed, and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise’ might be expecting too much in the modern era where sleep patterns are changing drastically.
- Initial Days Focused on Understanding the Customer Mattress and other sleep products have traditionally been a touch-and-feel category, given the high costs of items and the personal nature of the product usage.
- Hence, the early days at Wakefit went into trying out six-to-ten different prototypes, visiting over ‘100 customer homes’ and understanding their needs as well as concerns.
How Sequoia Backed Wakefit Is Using Data & Technology To Democratise Sleep For Indians
8 March 2019 1:22 AM GMT
Bengaluru-based online sleep solutions startup ? Wakefit is offering products at affordable prices to Indians.