- Backed by the Chinese investors, while many Indian startups such as OYO and Paytm have set their bases in China, Hong Kong has emerged as an essential gateway for the startups and companies looking to enter the Chinese market.
- Tom Gaffney, regional managing director, CBRE Greater Bay Area & Hong Kong, says that the Greater Bay Area represents the growth of a connected economic powerhouse, and offers vast business opportunities.
- To understand the Hong Kong startup ecosystem better, and what's there for Indian startups, Inc42 spoke to Charles Ng, Associate Director-General of Investment Promotion, Invest Hong Kong (InvestHK).
- In terms of customers or the target market, though Hong Kong itself is a small market with a population of 7.3 Mn people, the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area has a population of 70 Mn, offering a huge market and great connectivity.
- "Large corporations are deeply associated with startups," says Ng of InvestHK, an investment promotion agency under the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
How Hong Kong Can Be Indian Startups’ Gateway To Chinese Markets
9 April 2019 4:18 AM GMT