- A pioneer in the online ticketing space, BookMyShow is now India's largest entertainment ticketing platform, with a valuation of $850 million, and sales of more than 200 million tickets a year.
- In 2014, Hemrajani launched BookASmile, a charity initiative run by the company that works with non-governmental organizations to provide free access to sports and entertainment for the underprivileged.
- As Bigtree Entertainment marks 20 years in business, the BW Applause Person of The Year spoke at his Juhu office about running the long race, and the importance of building a humane, empathetic culture in a company.
- Now a lot of them work for other entertainment organizations and they give business back to us.
- Over the past two years, we've seen BookMyShow transition into full stack management model with live events.
How BookMyShow's Ashish Hemrajani sees the live events space in India
5 April 2019 10:20 PM GMT
BookMyShow CEO Ashish Hemrajani on surviving the dot-com bust, expanding into live events, and the importance of giving back.BigTree Entertainment, the company that operates BookMyShow, is completing 20 years in business