How an Indian brand is leading the fight to curb the global issue of throwaway plastic - The Indian Wire
12 April 2019 10:49 PM GMT
Over the last few years, the harm caused by Single-use plastic to agriculture, animals, oceans and marine life has been making news almost every other day. According to a UN report, less than 10% of 9 billion tonnes of single-use plastic has been recycled by now and it has come as an alarming statement. In [?]
- Operating from a modest setup based out of Ahmedabad, Udit Sood, founder of EcoRight, carries a vision bigger than any startup could imagine- saving our planet from the abuse of plastic.
- "We are a young startup trying to reduce the use of single-use plastic bags by educating people about the ill effects of plastic and providing alternative bags made of eco-friendly, natural fabrics that go beyond single usage and does not pollute the environment. says Udit Sood, when asked about EcoRight.
- Udit Sood, the founder of EcoRight is an MBA from IIM Calcutta and has worked in large organizations like Hindustan Unilever Limited and Zomato.
- "We make bags with reusable, recyclable and eco-friendly products like cotton, jute, juton and recycled cotton that are manufactured in ethical facilities," says Udit Sood, when asked about what makes the bags different.
- "We want people to go eco-friendly, adding popular characters to the bags makes the bag attractive along with being eco-friendly" says Udit.