Fairwork Project Finds Flipkart Best Indian Startup To Work For; Ola, Uber Worst
15 April 2019 4:28 AM GMT
Flipkart scored top marks while Ola and Uber were the worst on Fairwork Project ranking for working conditions in Indian startup.
- It certainly is one of the reasons for Flipkart scoring top marks on Fairwork's first rating system for working conditions in India's digital economy.
- The Fairwork Project, part of the Oxford Internet Institute, piloted the ranking system in India and South Africa, with the ratings were released on March 25.
- In India, the Fairwork study was focussed around 12 major internet companies including Flipkart, Dunzo, Bigbasket, Zomato, Swiggy, UrbanClap, Housejoy, Rapido, UberEats, Uber, Ola and Foodpanda.
- This is evident from the fact that while Uber scored just 2 points in India, it was able to score 5 points in South Africa, for the similar Fairwork ranking methodology.
- This is quite low as compared to other G-20 nations such as China (17.5 RMB or INR 179.3 per hour), France (1498.47 Euro or INR 115644.43 per hour), among others.