‘Facebook’ for hostels? This SaaS startup wants to be a game-changer in hostel-management
11 April 2019 8:15 PM GMT
California-headquartered SpaceBasic claims to have achieved 700 percent growth in 2018, by digitising processes and doing away with paperwork.
- Now, when there's an app for everything under the sun, why not an app that makes hostel management painless and automated?SpaceBasic team California-headquartered SpaceBasic, which has an office in Bengaluru, addresses this very concern.
- Born out of the founders' experience across different fields, the SaaS-based platform aims to do away with old-school methods to facilitate seamless communication between hostel management, students, and parents.
- Talking of their combined experience across diverse backgrounds, Madhavi says, "We each bring very different skills, talents, and perspectives to the table."Initially built as a mobile app to assist a charity student hostel, the SpaceBasic app now offers a two-fold advantage: firstly, it allows hostels to eliminate all manual processes, and secondly, it helps hostels to communicate with students more efficiently.
- Besides digitising the hostel administration, SpaceBasic also serves as an interactive social networking platform for information sharing and process management among students, parents, student housing communities, and more.
- The end goal, Madhavi adds, is to create a talent pool of the underrepresented and provide students "opportunities without bias of background or location".