Exponential technologies such as AI, ML, Industry 4.0 critical for transforming businesses- Technology News, Firstpost
30 April 2019 3:14 AM GMT
India is becoming an integral part of the global digital value chain and is also emerging as one of the largest suppliers of digital talent
- While these are complex and structured multi-year deals, which in some cases also include rebadging of client employees, what is interesting is the transformational nature of such deals, with an increasing share of digital components such as platforms, automation and analytics services.
- Domestic technology vendors, especially the Tier 1 and Tier 2 service providers have been looking at overseas investments to augment capability and capacity in niche design and consulting skills closer to the target markets such as the USA and Europe.
- Platforms are becoming an integral part of digital transformation, especially in domains such as analytics, IoT, etc.
- The industry is steadily responding to this demand through various initiatives such as upskilling and reskilling of existing talent base, investments in design, consulting, platforms, automation and startup engagements.
- While we are witnessing early successes in this arena, continuous investments in domain skills and digital tools, along with creative design and consulting capabilities become key success factors to thrive in this evolving market, and niche acquisitions and consolidation will continue to augment organic investments in this domain.