- Online classifieds marketplace Quikr is acquiring Bengaluru-based online laundry services startup LaundryAnna, and
- In India, Delhi-based UClean, Bengaluru-based WashBuddy and The Laundry Basket offer similar services.
- According to the company, with the launch of its first franchise outlet in Koramangala, it became the first laundry chain to begin a franchisee-owned company operated (FOCO) model in India.
- As far as laundry services are concerned, a report by FMI, titled "Laundry Care Market: Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment", estimated that the global laundry sector will grow to reach $127 Bn by 2027 end with a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period.
- It's the strategy of combining the acquisition model along with its own large supply-and-demand base has helped it grow its business.
Exclusive: Quikr Is Acquiring LaundryAnna To Ramp Up Its Laundry Play
31 March 2019 7:40 AM GMT