Exclusive: Meet the Bengaluru Startup Making Edible Water Pods from Seaweed!
3 May 2019 1:45 AM GMT
Priced at Rs 2 per 100 ml, each water pod is as inexpensive for you as it is good for the environment. And the best part? Workbench Projects is already in touch with hotels and cafes for replacement of their plastic bottles! #Innovation #PlasticFree #Sustainability More
- These water pods, most recently used in the London Marathon, are edible sachets filled with water or a sports drink and are meant to be eco-friendly replacements for plastic bottles.
- "Making the water pods or water bubbles as we call them, makes use of molecular gastronomy-a discipline of utilising science and technology for cooking.
- Spherification, a culinary process that is a part of molecular gastronomy, is used to make the edible water pods.
- If one has to explain in simple terms, water pods are edible pouches filled with water, sports drinks or any such liquid.
- Fruit juice samples, for example, which are given away in plastic cups can make use of the pods instead.