Ex-Paypal-ians' EdTech Startup GUVI Raises ₹ 1 Cr from Gray Matters Capital’s edLABS
25 April 2019 2:50 AM GMT
GUVI, an online skill acceleration and hiring platform for IT Skills where students learn to code in Vernacular Indian languages, has today announced that
- GUVI, an online skill acceleration and hiring platform for IT Skills where students learn to code in Vernacular Indian languages, has today announced that it has raised its first institutional round of funding from US based impact investor – Gray Matters Capital.
- Incubated at IIT Madras, GUVI is an online technical learning platform that has been started as a YouTube Channel by Ex-Paypalians to share their technical learnings.
- 1 crore from Gray Matters Capital's edLABS initiative is aimed at helping GUVI create 1 million coders in India by 2020 by expanding its video content offerings in vernacular languages to incorporate more industry relevance, thereby improving the employability of engineering graduates in the country.
- in the form of videos in vernacular languages such as Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Hindi, Marathi and Bengali, among others.
- We believe that start-ups like GUVI can change this paradigm given that it imparts programming skills through videos in regional languages to engineering freshers beyond metro cities.