- From March 7-9, 2019, Amazon Internet Services in association with Omnivore and SatSure, hosted AgriTech Day 2019 at Mumbai, Delhi and Hyderabad .
- The event brought together 288 agritech startups across 3 cities who were eager to learn how to run lean and scale fast while building new-age products.
- The keynote address was delivered at different cities by Chandra Balani, Head Geographic Incubation, India & SAARC region, Amazon Internet Services and Aamir Jariwala, VC Business Development, Amazon Internet Services.
- "We reduce losses, wastage, and cost finance and try to increase farm productivity and yield, and so on, to help move India's vitally important sector, agriculture to a better place," said Amardeep.
- The panel at Mumbai comprised Noshir Colah, Partner, Aavishkaar; Ritu Verma, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Ankur Capital Fund; Puneet Kumar, VP, Nexus Venture Partners; Arjit Johri, Bharat Innovation Fund; and Jinesh Shah, Managing Partner, Omnivore.
- In Hyderabad, the panel comprised Naho Shigeta, CEO, Infobridge Holdings; Emmanuel V Murray, Senior Advisor, Caspian Impact Investment Adviser Pvt Ltd; Anirudh Sarda, Equity Officer, Oikocredit; Vijay Nadiminti, COO, a-IDEA, Technology Business Incubator of NAARM; and Subhadeep Sanyal, Principal, Omnivore.
Entrepreneurs, enterprises and VCs explored initiatives to improve India’s agritech sector at AWS AgriTech Day 2019
12 April 2019 7:43 AM GMT