- The urge to discover have propelled the human race to travel enormously in space and time (pun intended), from the early years of civilization to the current age of space travel.
- However, the necessity in research and innovation have not diminished over time, rather it has got intensified.
- Recent UNESCO data shows that Israel sits at the top of the pile for the two most important indicators: highest research and development (R&D) expenditure as a percentage of GDP (about 4.5%) and researcher per million inhabitants (~8500).
- In spite of being the country with the second largest population in the world, the scientific workforce is only about 500 researchers per million inhabitants!
- Two big initiatives in fundamental science known as IndiGO (Indian Initiative in Gravitational-wave Observatory) and INO (India-based Neutrino Observatory) are in the pipeline.
Engineering Physics: Why should it be considered as a serious profession? - Times of India
18 March 2019 3:31 AM GMT
Education News: Human psychology always likes to know the unknown and this endeavour has catapulted the human enlightenment.