Electric Vehicles This Week: Two-Wheelers Sales Dip To Nil, Telangana To Get EV Policy
1 May 2019 10:04 PM GMT
India recorded sales of over 7.5 Lakh EV in FY2019 as opposed to 56K in FY18 revealing an1239% growth. But sales dipped in April post FAME II.
- Though the result for the year shows an exciting 1239% growth compared to last year, the industry continues to be concerned about the future of the segment post implementation of the new FAME II from April 1.
- However, the post implementation of the FAME II scheme drastically brought down the sales of electric vehicles for the month of April.
- Meanwhile, the central government run engineering company Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and research association Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) have signed an MoU for cooperation on various electric mobility projects.
- Telangana state government has finalised its state electric vehicle policy but it will be announced after the General Elections end on May 19.
- The Washington state legislature has reportedly passed a bill which proposed an increase in the annual fees that electric vehicle owners have to pay, to finance the development of public EV infrastructure.