- With a focus on encouraging startups that are using to tackle social problems in the state, the Government of Maharashtra and NITI Aayog hosted the AI Innovation Challenge 2019 on March 2, 2019 at Taj Vivanta, Mumbai.
- With over 400 individuals from the government, startup and corporate ecosystem in attendance, including important dignitaries from the Maharashtra Government, this highly anticipated one-of-a-kind event saw startups and MSMEs with unique AI-based solutions for social problems compete to win a chance to work with the Government of Maharashtra.
- AI a necessity in today's worldDelivering the welcome address, SVR Srinivas, Principal Secretary (IT), Government of Maharashtra, said this conference and challenge would help identify startups doing good work in the fields of agriculture, healthcare, education, and smart cities, among others.
- Emphasising the importance of using AI for social good, he added, "The Government of Maharashtra and NITI Aayog will help startups who are able to create social impact with their solutions, and this event is a step forward in the right direction," he said.
- Chatbot Shivaram Kalyanakrishnan, Harish Mehta, Kaustabh Dhavse, P. Anandan, Arnab Kumar (Left to right)P. Anandan said that there are certain goals that need to be set for AI.
- Here are the winners across various categories:The team behind the scenesAI Innovation Challenge 2019 was made successful by the continuous efforts of the Chief Minister's War Room for Infrastructure and Technology.
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis lays down his AI vision as 40 startups showcase their AI solutions for social good at AI Innovation Challenge 2019
31 March 2019 11:30 PM GMT