- NEW DELHI: Canada is set to make the Global Talent Stream (GTS) programme, which offers a hassle-free and quick route to work in the country, a permanent scheme.
- The icing on the cake is that those hired under the GTS route gain valuable work experience in Canada, which gives them an edge when applying for permanent residency under the Express Entry Route, which is a point-based system.
- As TOI had reported in its edition of June 15, Indians formed the largest group to be issued invites for permanent residency under the Express Entry Route.
- Anecdotal evidence suggests that a significant number of them were Indians, including H-1B workers in US who were tired of the green-card backlog and had migrated to Canada.
- We are seeing several people applying to remain permanently and a Canadian work experience, adds greatly to their claims for eligibility for permanent residence, under the Express Entry Route," states Crawford.
Canada holds doors wide open for Indians - Times of India ►
9 April 2019 8:24 PM GMT