Can Sleepy Owl Warm India Up To The Cold Brew Revolution?
10 April 2019 6:08 AM GMT
DSG Consumer Partners backed Sleepy Owl, manufactures cold brew coffees. Founded in 2016, it has served over 40,000 customers till date.
- Coffee brings people together, but not often do people come together and end up changing how coffee is made and drank.
- Sood and Singh, cofounders of Sleepy Owl, met in law school and knew even back then that someday they wanted to build their own venture.
- Their sweet dream became a mini-ecommerce venture on campus called 'eShack' making it the first online store for beverages and party accessories.
- Soon after graduation, though, the duo went their separate ways; while Sood joined an edtech startup, Singh joined an apparel company.
- Sleepy Owl packages cold brew coffees, which are extracted by steeping ground coffee beans in cold water.