- Falcon Edge Capital is emerging as one of the most active investors in India's startup's space.
- The New York-based fund is on course to close about half a dozen deals in areas ranging from artificial intelligence (AI) to urban mobility to financial technology, over half a dozen entrepreneurs and venture capital executives told TOI.
- While known as a hedge fund, Falcon Edge makes long-term bets through its venture capital and private equity funds in India and may increase its exposure nearly four times in the next 2-3 years to $2 billion, according to the sources cited earlier.
- Falcon Edge is expected to invest in the range of $5-10 million each in both the companies, according to sources.
- They have also started investing earlier into the companies," said Vikram Vaidyanathan, MD at Matrix Partners India, which has several common investments with Falcon Edge like Ola, Mswipe and OfBusiness.
A new VC fund hungry for investing in India’s startup story - Times of India
28 April 2019 5:00 PM GMT