- Emerging from the grey areas of Indian anti-gambling laws, fantasy sports gaming platform Dream11 has become the country's newest unicorn.
- With over 50 million users, the Mumbai-based firm calls itself India's biggest fantasy sports-gaming platform.
- with his friend Bhavit Sheth after he felt a lack of fantasy gaming platforms catering to fans of the Indian Premier League (IPL), a wildly popular cricket tournament launched the same year.
- Though cricket remains the platform has expanded its reach beyond cricket to football, kabaddi, basketball, and hockey.
- On Dream11, sports fans can create their own fantasy team that consists of real-life players from an upcoming match.
A fantasy sports startup has entered the unicorn club thanks to India’s IPL fever
10 April 2019 1:07 AM GMT