- Founded in 1971, the travel and IT services company, which owns and runs luxury hotels like Roseate, and provides travel, IT, and other services to businesses has launched BirdApps - a consumer-centric digital app business to cater to the evolving travel, hospitality and lifestyle segment.
- Set up in 2017, BirdApps is the Ventures and Innovation Lab at Bird Group, says Himanshu Kumar, Business Head at BirdApps.
- Himanshu Kumar, Business Head at BirdApps"We wanted to foray into the B2C segment to create products with novel solutions to consumers," explains Himanshu.
- Get laundry done by five-star hotels The Launderette app is a laundry marketplace, providing on-demand laundry and dry-cleaning services.
- The FocusBird Apps is currently focusing on scaling Launderette and Odigos apps.
48-year-old Bird Group combines the new and the old with its app ops
28 March 2019 9:00 PM GMT
Who says an old and established group cannot be a startup at heart? And why just at heart, why can it not have a vertical that functions like a startup?