3 Ways Women Are Shattering The Glass Ceiling
30 March 2019 9:54 AM GMT
Tejas Parulekar - Gender diversity and inclusion have been adopted as best practices across industry sectors but how seriously is this mandate implemented? , , gender diversity
- Seeking to address these issues, women working within organizations are taking charge to shatter the proverbial ceiling- New age women entrepreneurs and those holding prominent positions in organizations are promoting equal participation of women in the decision-making process concerning important issues.
- Diverse groups are put together for discussions around hiring, promotions and appraisals to keep unconscious bias in check and create a more inclusive corporate culture.
- Managers helping to build flexible corporate policies, specific to the challenges the women workforce face, is allowing for better work-life integration keeping women in their jobs.
- Policies around day care facilities, flexible hours or work from home options is not only helping more working women tackle the demands of childcare or elder care, but is also benefiting employers -- as losing a trained employee at the helm of a rising career graph hurts the employer and employee alike.
- Conversations around the need for more women angel investors and alternate funding options for women entrepreneurs such as women specific venture funds are also gaining traction to address the challenges around funding.