120 Kms on One Charge: New ‘Made in India’ Startup Can Electrify Your Scooter Rides
3 May 2019 3:26 AM GMT
In a bid to promote domestic manufacturing of Electric Vehicles (EV), the Central government announced last month that Indian manufacturers must source half their components locally if they want to avail the benefits it� offers under the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles Scheme. Many EV makers received this decision with concern, […] More
- Based on mastery of battery design and manufacturing, PURE EV has launched four models of long-range, cost-effective and Indian conditions-tested electric scooters (EPLUTO, ETRANCE) and bicycles (EGNITE, ETRON).
- It takes about less than three hours for the batteries to charge fully, but the researchers at PURE EV are working on reducing the charging time to below two hours by strengthening its active cooling mechanism.
- Including its one kWh battery which weighs 6 kg, and load-bearing capacity of 150kg, the ETRANCE scooter itself weighs just 47kg.
- "With a top speed of 35 kmph, it does 0-25 kmph in 4 seconds and we will enhance the top speed to 45 kmph in the coming year," says Rohit.
- Beside electric scooters, the startup has also launched two models of electric bicycles as well, utilising its battery and design-integration capabilities.
- A bicyclist can cover 20-30 km a day on a regular bicycle, but offering electric features and 60 km-long range battery, a bicyclist can do 100-120 km per day (top speed of 25 kmph)," says Dr Dongari.